To apply for a position, the application can be found by scrolling down past the job description(s). Please fill out the application and click on SUBMIT!
POSITION: HOSPITALITY STAFF
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager
SUMMARY: Provide housekeeping and food service for our guests to create a positive customer service experience. Occasional travel between campuses may be required.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES by function:
Housekeeping and janitorial:
Clean hallways, classrooms, conference areas, dining hall, display areas, offices, and guest rooms and pavilion:
- Sweep and mop floors
- Vacuum carpets
- Dust furniture
- Other cleaning as assigned
Clean guest rooms:
- Change bed linen and make beds
- Replace used towels
- Replenish bath care products (e.g. soap and shampoo)
- Perform laundry services
- Clean vehicles, as assigned.
- Clean outdoor areas, as assigned, including snow removal.
- Check that all toilet paper dispensers are supplied.
- Wipe down all stools and urinals as needed
- Wipe down sink and counter top around the sink.
- Check weekly that the aerosol dispenser is working. Change canister if empty.
- Sweep floor of all debris as needed.
- Empty trash.
- Wet mop as assigned.
- Wipe down stall walls as assigned.
- Clean showers
- Provide general tank cleaning and maintenance on composting toilets, as needed.
- Assist in obtaining all food items needed for renters, using healthy and/or organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prepare delicious and nutritious meals that meet the needs of the renter, including dietary restrictions.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly kitchen that meets or exceeds local health code and standards.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly and are not used after expiration.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Occasionally, prepare meals for VIP guests and drop-ins as requested by executive staff.
- Ensure adherence to Nature and Wildlife Discovery Center policies, standards, and procedures.
- Keep accurate and current records pertinent to the position.
- Attend training and staff meetings as necessary.
- Keep all equipment used for the execution of duties clean and in good working condition, properly stored and used only for the intended purposes.
- Other duties as assigned that are minor or incidental tasks related to the position.
- Additional duties not described above as assigned by Guest Services Manager and Executive Director.
- Valid Safe Serve completion certificate preferred.
- Read and write in English and tell time on an analog clock.
- Hygiene and clothing must meet or exceed minimum requirements for food service professionals.
- Work well with others and independently.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND DEMANDS:
- The physical abilities involved in the performance of essential duties are: Standing for up to 6 hours at a time. Lift, carry, pull, push or manipulate heavy objects and materials (up to 50 lbs, routinely); stooping; manual strength and dexterity to operate commercial kitchen equipment including knives and utensils; working overhead for up to 2 hours at a time; working with water; work temperature extremes; routine hazards from heavy and/or dangerous equipment, including propane stoves, ovens and convection ovens, ice maker, commercial blenders, and hot liquid carafes; exposure to bacterial contamination and hazardous chemicals and fumes. This work is performed primarily indoors, but may require occasional outdoor work.
TIME: 0.25 FTE
SELECTION: Selected by the Guest Services Manager after interview; requires approval of Executive Director. Hire is dependent on satisfactory results from an inquiry to criminal background and sexual offender registry.